Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Me encanta fútbol

Since the last time that I wrote I have been to two, yes two, football stadiums.  Breath taking!  This was my reaction even though neither is the stadium of my football love, Liverpool.  On Thursday I toured el Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.  I was awed by the history and success that comes from Real Madrid.  I'm not a fan of the team but I respect their greatness in football.  I also respect how you can feel the positive atmosphere in the Bernabeu even when it's empty and there's no one on the pitch.

Today I went in the opposite direction: to el Estadio Vicente Calderon.  The story of Atleti is very different from that of Real Madrid but not any less moving.  Seeing the love that the people have for their club is fantastic.  I can't wait to visit more stadiums (with Anfield occupying the number one spot on the list)!  Hopefully there will be a least one other opportunity before I leave Spain... :)

Possibly the most important thing that I've done in the past few days was help teach some friends how to eat fries like Americans: dipped in ice cream.  The lesson was a success.  They caught on quickly.



Mucho amor a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment